Activities in La Garrotxa
Within easy reach of Mas Planella are activities of all kinds to keep you entertained throughout your stay. You can:
- Explore the unique Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park by foot or on bike.
- Go horse riding at Mas Falgas nearby
- Cycle, or walk, the Via Verde that runs from Olot to Sant Feliu de Guixols
- Visit nearby historic sites such as the fortified medieval village of Santa Pau, the historic town of Besalu or the lovely lakeside town of Banyoles.
- Enjoy the beaches and coves of the Costa Brava.
- Go sightseeing and shopping in the stunning historic city of Girona, with its unique old Jewish quarter, medieval and renaissance buildings, art museums, cathedral and restaurants.
- Visit Figueres, the birth place of Salvador Dali and location of the famous Dali museum.
- Walk or ski in the spectacular Pyrenees mountains
- Help feed the ponies, donkeys and sheep – they are always hungry!
For more information on activities in the local area, visit the Garrotxa tourism website.